Solved

how do we run the email management package on linux

Badge
  • Participating Frequently
  • 5 replies

I was trying to run the email management package. But how do we actually run it on linux.Could you please help me with the query?

icon

Best answer by Samuel 5 May 2021, 18:55

Hi Venkat!
Using chmod to set the proper permissions for the runmeLinux.sh file is a good idea to launch the script file but I think that the problem here is that Studio models don't run on MacOS. I think the best approach to this would be maybe setting up a VM with Ubuntu or something and try the model package from there. Virtual Box runs pretty smoothly on MacOS and you can download Ubuntu anytime from their website.
I hope this helps!!

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Venkat,

thanks for writing! Could you please be a little more specific about the problem you are experiencing?

Thanks a lot!

Samuel

Badge

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the quick response. So I am trying to run the API step 3 runmeWindows.cmd. So here is the problem.

1. Since I am running macOS I tried executing runmelinux.sh shell script instead of runmeWindows.cmd
  2. When I am running ./runmeLinux.sh I am getting permission denied issue
  3. I tried changing permissions using chmode  u+x runmeLinux.sh since its a read only runmeLinux.sh.
  4. Here is a screenshot of the steps I am trying to execute and the issue with step 3 which isn't clearly defined
    1.  I also tried executing using command :- Python3 edgeNLAPI.py from IntelliJ IDE which gave me this error (

File "/Users/venkatpraveentatini/Desktop/Raedan AI/email-management-edgeNLAPI/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/expertai/nlapi/common/authentication.py", line 26, in header

value = constants.AUTH_HEADER_VALUE.format(self.fetch_token_value()) ).

2. I need your help with this issues.

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Venkat!
Using chmod to set the proper permissions for the runmeLinux.sh file is a good idea to launch the script file but I think that the problem here is that Studio models don't run on MacOS. I think the best approach to this would be maybe setting up a VM with Ubuntu or something and try the model package from there. Virtual Box runs pretty smoothly on MacOS and you can download Ubuntu anytime from their website.
I hope this helps!!

Badge

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the help. I am trying to set up a VM on macOS and I will let you know how things happened.

But I am also trying to run this package on the Windows operating system and I followed the tutorial link below.

I ran the file exactly as said in the video. But it gave me errors on the terminal saying connection errors. Am I missing something here?I already installed expertai-nlapi using pip install expertai-nlapi

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ciao Venkat,

Trying to troubleshoot.

A couple of questions:

1. Did you already merged the rules packages and Edge NL components into your project? Do you have these folders: ~/packages/cpk/* ~/packages/edge/* ?
  2. runmeWindows.cmd or runmeLinux.sh run correctly? Still in execution in background? Is maybe firewall is blocking connections incoming/oucoming it? 

Thanks in advance,

Francesco Baldassarri

Badge

Hi Monoceros,

Thanks for the response. A couple of questions from my side to see if the process I am following is correct.

1. first I downloaded the email-management-edgeNLAPI zip folder on to my MAC os (Software version MacOS big slur 11.3)
  2. I unzipped the email-management-edgeNLAPI onto my Mac desktop.
  3. I already installed python3.9 version on my Mac
  4. I then tried to run the runmeLinux.sh on the terminal going to the package/edge folder as you can see in the screenshot below.
  5. Do I need to make any changes to the runmeLinux.sh script.

6. And the same issues are coming with windows.But the only problem is runmeWindows.cmd is running perfectly.

7. But then a lot of errors when executing edgeNLAPI.py.

Do I need to install studio plugins and IntellijIDE as said in the link here  https://github.com/therealexpertai/email-management (Already tried this as well following all the steps from the link).But didn’t worked out.

Please let me know what would be the best and quickest way possible as we from Raedan AI are trying to deploy this soultion on to our platform for our internal use.

Also is it possible to get assistance in this situation as its taking longer than we anticipated.

Cheers,

Venkat.

Also is there a 

Badge

Hi Monoceros,

This is Venkat again and I think the mistake was from my side. I haven't installed the expert.ai studio for Linux. So tried to install it following this user manual in the link below

https://docs.expert.ai/studio/latest/ide/getting-started/installation/#linux-installation

But while installing by following the commands over the link I got this error. Here is a screenshot of the error on the mac terminal.

I think if i install expert.ai studio correctly then all the other issues will be resolved.

Please let me know why i am getting this error.

Cheers,

Venkat.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ciao Venkat,

If I identified correctly the problem is that you are trying to run Studio IDE for GNU/Linux on MacOS: unfortunately, we are not currently supporting MacOS with Studio Code, Studio IDE and Edge. 

Did you try running the whole solution within a virtual machine (Linux or Windows)?

Regards,

Francesco Baldassarri

Badge

Hi Francesco,

I was able to run the package on virtual environment and it worked with out any errors.I could see the output.

Now I can mark it as solution and would like to post the steps followed to run the package on Mac so that Mac users can have the solution If they get any issues.

Cheers,

Venkat.