Dear Studio users!
We would like to highlight the fact that Microsoft Defender SmartScreen marks Studio IDE installer as a potentially harmful application on some Windows 10 machines. But don’t worry! Studio IDE is absolutely safe. The message seems to be a temporary problem on the distribution certificate on which our Dev Team is working hard to resolve ASAP.
If you are downloading expert.ai Studio IDE from our developer.expert.ai portal through the Microsoft Edge web browser, you could fall into this scenario:
- This message could appear in the Download Manager once the Studio IDE installer download will be finished:
- To continue with the installation process, you’ll need to ask Edge’s Smart Screen to keep the file, unless it will be deleted wherever is the download folder you choose to store the installer. To do so, just select the item in the download manager with the mouse cursor and click on “···” (Actions)
- A menu will appear, and you’ll need to select “Keep” as shown below:
- A second highlight about the potential harmfulness of the application will be shown, but you’ll be able to read the correct expert.ai’s company coordinates
- You’ll need to click on “Show More” to open additional options that will allow you to keep the file locally on your computer
- Now, you’ll be able to keep the Studio IDE’s installer on your destination folder, clicking on “Keep anyway”, the file will be saved
In any case, the Microsoft Smart Screen filter could also possibly try to lock the execution of the Studio-IDE_2021.1_win64.exe Installer. When you try to install it, a message like this could appear on your screen
- The only way to continue with the installation process is to click on “More info”
- Again, you’ll be able to read the correct expert.ai’s company coordinates. To proceed, just click on “Run anyway”. The normal process of install will proceed correctly with no issue.
If you have any further questions or doubts, or you are experiencing further issues, please let us know. We are happy to support as smoothly as possible your experience with expert.ai Studio IDE.
Thanks for your attention!
your friendly community manager <3